My husband saw this recipe from Lilluna.com on Facebook and asked if I would make it for him. I had most of the ingredients on-hand and could substitute the rest so that night while he bathed the kids I whipped this up. And it turned out great! I’m not one for fruity desserts but the tang in this bread is super yummy. I went ahead and doubled the recipe so that I had a loaf to share at a play-date the next day and it was almost gone by the en
Above is Lil’ Luna’s original recipe and below is the recipe I used with only a few alterations.
2 cups cake flour
1/2 ts. salt
2 ts baking powder
1/2 cup corn oil (or canola)
1 1/3 sugar
2 TB lemon juice
1/2 cup buttermilk
zest of one lime or lemon (I used lime)
1 cup grated zucchini (about 1 medium zucchini)
1 cup powdered sugar
2 TB lemon or lime juice
1 TB milk
Preheat oven to 350*
1. Mix flour, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl and set aside.
2. Beat eggs in a large bowl. Then add oil and sugar until well blended. Add lemon
juice, buttermilk and zest and blend together.
3. Fold in zucchini
4. Add dry mixture to the wet mixture and combine well.
5. Pour batter into greased 9×5 loaf pan
6. Bake at 350 for approximately45 minutes.
7. Combine powdered sugar, lemon or lime juice and milk until a glaze is formed. Once the loaf is partially cool, drizzle on top.